I had a query from a reader on what to pack for an upcoming Mediterranean cruise, and I have to admit – I dove into this request and went a little nuts. Daydreaming of strolling through cobblestoned Italian streets, sailing around Greek islands and lounging on Portuguese beaches got me conjuring up images of floaty dresses and brightly colored accessories, and I couldn’t help but find about a zillion things I’d like to stuff into my suitcase for such an excursion. But can you blame me – who wouldn’t want to be sipping sangria on the Spanish Costa del Sol right about now? Here’s just a wee selection of the shopping list I’ve compiled for my imaginary Mediterranean trip – but you get the idea.
1. Pour La Victoire Neysa Two-Tone Sandals – You’ll need a great pair of heels for any cruise, and the pop of color on these perfectly matches the turquoise of the water surrounding Santorini.
2. Mango Scarf – Though I’ve never actually been on a cruise, I’ve spent more than my fair share of time by the sea and can imagine that the deck of the ship can get a little chilly after the sun goes down, so a summer-weight scarf is definitely in order.
3. Theodora & Callum Cherokee Scarf Dress – The colors of this dress seem perfect for a Mediterranean vacay to me, and with lots of dinners to dress for on a cruise, I’m sure this beauty will come in handy.
4. Reiss Fiji Cropped Oversized Jersey Top – I’m picturing this top paired with high-waisted shorts or a maxi skirt for daytime explorations of seaside towns.
5. Style By Marina Open Waist Maxi Dress – What I love about this dress is that it could easily take you from daytime to dinner, and the open waist at the back adds interesting details (and keeps you cool under the hot Mediterranean sun).
6. Rebecca Minkoff Canvas Stripe Bucket Bag – Since your packing space might be somewhat limited, you’ll need a handbag that’s versatile and roomy, and I think this one could work just as well for the beach as it could for shopping trips through Italian towns.
7. Ondademar Riviera Colors Embroidered Tunic – On a cruise you’re likely to spend more time in your bathing suit than anything else, so a cute (and comfortable) coverup is crucial. I love the pom-pom details of this one.
8. Lemlem Losha Maxi Dress – I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy this dress, and a Mediterranean cruise would be just the reason I needed. The floaty fabric will serve you well on day-long walking trips.
9. Bop Basics Floppy Raffia Sun Hat – Being on a boat and walking around coastal towns, you’re sure to be catching a lot of rays, so a hat is of the utmost importance.
10. Tigerlily Ariella Bikini – On a cruise a good selection of swimwear is obviously a priority. Love the pastels of this one.
11. Loeffler Randall Starla Plank Sandals – Cobblestone streets + high heels=broken ankles, so flat sandals are a must, and these are adorable.